December 2017 Time Tracking
|December 24th, 2017|
- No work travel.
- I had one evening gig and one evening rehearsal.
- Neither of us was laid off.
- Sleep: time from lights out to waking for the day. The kids aren't waking up much in the night, anymore, and I don't think we needed to settle either of them during these two weeks.
- Work: time spent at work. Includes lunch with coworkers etc.
- Family: time with Jeff, Julia, and at least one kid.
- Childcare: time with at least one kid and without the other parent.
- Personal: leisure, hygeine, personal projects, personal internet, doctor's visits, etc.
- J+J: time together without the kids.
- Housework: cleaning, cooking, finances, maintenance, etc if not combined with watching kids.
- Commute: time getting to and from work each day.
Here's a comparison with the somewhat less representative week I tracked in June:
In June I tracked one week instead of two this time, so it's generally not as good a sample.
More 'sleep' reflects me trying something new where when I wake up I either get out of bed or lie with my eyes closed to rest more. Previously I would often lie in bed and use my phone. Since 'sleep' ends when I start doing something else, and getting out of bed is hard, this means more time counted as 'sleep'.
Time at work is still pretty close to 45hr/week, or about 40hr/week after subtracting lunch.
Commute time mostly funges against family time.
Personal time is higher because I had a gig and a rehearsal during the December time. (I don't count these as work because I do them for fun and they're not worth it on a financial basis.) This is more representative; June just happened not to include any.
Julia and I had two evenings out together: speaking at a local college and my work holiday party. This was much more than usual; we usually only take a few evenings all year. This meant more J+J time and less family time.
The decrease in housework is mostly me spending less time working on the house during the tracked period. During the June sample I spent a big part of the weekend working on putting in a sump pit, while this time I spent only one of the two weekends working on the house.
Comment via: google plus, facebook