Time Division II
|October 14th, 2015|
Every so often Julia and I like to check whether we're putting in similar amounts of work. We'll track how much time we spend on various things and compare notes later. We finished a round of this, and I thought I'd post the numbers: This is hours per day, broken down by category. Some notes:
- This was just one week, so not as good a sample as last time when we ran it for four.
- Time when we're both home with Lily counts as "off". Time when we're commuting with Lily counts as "travel" not "Lily care".
- Sleep is the hours we try to be asleep, and doesn't adjust for Lily's nightime wakings.
- The week included a day when Julia want to NYC and back for work, which pushes up her work and travel time and pushes down her Lily-watching time relative to normal.
- The week didn't include me leaving to play any gigs, which I do about once a month. When I'm away playing a dance weekend Julia does a lot more watching Lily.
- I counted work time from when I got there to when I left each day, including things like lunch or checking personal email. Julia kept more careful track and counted those as "off". This makes her "off" category look higher than mine in a misleading way.
- The "housework" category for me includes working on the house itself, not only dishes/cooking/tidying.
Comment via: google plus, facebook