Every so often Julia and I like to check whether we're putting in
similar amounts of work. We'll track how much time we spend on
various things and compare notes later. We finished a round of
this, and I thought I'd post the numbers:
This is hours per day, broken down by category. Some notes:
- This was just one week, so not as good a sample as last time when we ran it for four.
- Time when we're both home with Lily counts as "off". Time when
we're commuting with Lily counts as "travel" not "Lily
- Sleep is the hours we try to be asleep, and doesn't adjust for
Lily's nightime wakings.
- The week included a day when Julia want to NYC and back for
work, which pushes up her work and travel time and pushes down
her Lily-watching time relative to normal.
- The week didn't include me leaving to play any gigs, which I do
about once a month. When I'm away playing a dance weekend Julia
does a lot more watching Lily.
- I counted work time from when I got there to when I left each
day, including things like lunch or checking personal email.
Julia kept more careful track and counted those as "off". This
makes her "off" category look higher than mine in a misleading way.
- The "housework" category for me includes working on the house
itself, not only dishes/cooking/tidying.
Comment via: google plus, facebook