|June 24th, 2017|
I was laid off partway through the second to last day. I considered time figuring out what I should do next, like looking into politics, as 'work'. This makes this week actually pretty similar to what earlier weeks had been.
- sleep: time from lights out to waking for the day, including handling kids night wakings .
- work: time when actually working (doesn't include non-work activity during work hours or while at the office).
- family: time with Jeff, Julia, and at least one kid.
- childcare: time with at least one kid and without the other parent.
- housework: cleaning, cooking, finances, maintenance, etc
- julia: Jeff and Julia time, without the kids
- personal: leisure, hygeine, personal projects, personal internet, etc
My 'personal' use of time is very lumpy, in that about six times a year I go away for a weekend to play for dancing with the Free Raisins. Amortized over the whole year, this averages to one additional hour of 'Julia childcare' and 'Jeff personal' per day.
The 'stuck' time is when I'm in bed after waking up but can't get up and do things without waking Julia. Phone time, majority catching up on work stuff that had happened in other timezones, but kind of hard to categorize.
My 'housework' time was about half more prototypical housework (cooking, dishes, tidying) and half working on the house (getting the hair out of our tenants' drain, putting in a sump).
I don't do big house projects every weekend, so on average our weeks would have maybe 45min/day shifted from 'Julia childcare' and 'Jeff housework' to 'family'
Julia and I no longer have significant commutes: Julia works from home, and I worked about 10min away until I was laid off. I counted my commuting time (20min/workday, 14min/day) under 'work' for simplicity.
I tracked my time in a Keep note that looked like:
7:30 stuck 7:35 anna 7:37 personal 7:39 work 7:41 housework finances 7:52 familytracking the start of each new thing. Then I cleaned it up in a spreadsheet. Julia used Toggl instead.
 Not usually so water-centric.
- Mandolin Microphone Placement
- Lyme Disease By County
- Online Community Aging
- We Haven't Uploaded Worms