|August 10th, 2014|
I'm trying to find songs that would work well for an unusual casual brass ensemble:
- One person who actually learned to play trumpet, but hasn't played much in a while. They can read well, but their easy range is now just Eb4 to Db5 (F4 to D5 thinking in Bb) and they can't play too fast. A few notes below that Eb4 are probably fine, but not too many.
- Two or three people on baritones (octave below trumpet) and maybe Eb tuba (octave and a half below trumpet) who don't read music and just want to fool around.
- When the Saints Go Marching In
- Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye
(Several other things didn't end up working well, mostly because we found bad sheet music or they were the wrong range.)
Looking now, a few other things that I think would work would be:
- Oh Susanna
- You Are My Sunshine
- Yankee Doodle
What else would be good?
- Singular They FAQ
- Letter From Our Crazy Ex-Landlord
- Optimizing Looks Weird
- Whole Brain Emulation and Nematodes
- Belief Listing Project: Giving