|September 15th, 2011|
There are various things that need doing for a dance:
- book band and caller in advance
- arrange for sound equipment, run sound or find someone to
- run publicity (fb, email, flyers) so people know about the dance
- find a hall (ideally a one time thing we do now with lots of help)
- find volunteers to help set up, collect money, and welcome people at the door
- set up water, fans
- pay attention to newcomers and people getting left out of the partnering and dance with them (or suggest to your friends to dance with them) so people have a good time and get included
- pay attention to hall dynamics so that the sets stay balanced and we do not develop a fireplace-set or center-set issue.
- be there nearly every week (consistency, organizational presence)
- deal with issues as they come up
- figure out near the end of the night how much we took in and how much performers get paid
- clean up hall, put away sound
Not all of these have to be done by the same person or every person. If this sounds like stuff you're up for helping with, and you want to make this dance happen, let me know!
(There are also a lot of these things that could be done by people who are not full time committee members. That's helpful regardless.)