Mix, make balls, roll flat. Makes two crusts for 9x9 pan.
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- little salt
Whisk flour, salt, and sugar/msg/spices as per savory vs sweet. Cut butter in with pasty blender or fork. Goal is coarse sandy texture, don't mix too much.
- 2.5C flour
- 2T sugar (for sweet pies only)
- 1t msg (for savory pies only)
- 1t garlic powder (for savory pies only)
- 1/8t black pepper (for savory pies only)
- 1t salt
- 2 sticks butter (or earth balance)
- 0.5C chilled water
- 3T cold vodka (or water)
Add water and vodka, gently mix by hand. Squish dough with palm.
Break it up, squish again. Divide into two halves, put each in
1-quart plastic bag, squish into 4-inch circle, chill. You can
freeze the dough at this point.
After at least an hour of chilling, roll out dough. Makes two
crusts for 9x9 pans.