|July 3rd, 2009|
|computers, tech [html]|
So I gave in, and use a laptop despite my continued hatred of debugging wireless problems. But I'm not writing this just to admit I had misjudged laptops. I'm writing this because I just installed eeebuntu on the computer and made a bunch of customizations. It's like a new computer. So, changes from the factory xandros install:
- Installed eeebuntu, an ubuntu variant
- Dragged the panel around so that I have only one taskbar like thing, 17px high. Icons are small and things I don't need are not present.
- Made firefox have only one bar at the top, used tiny menu to do away with the menubar. And there's the tab bar. Two bars. The stratini theme is small while looking nice.
- Installed something that makes all windows open fully maximized with no title bars. (apt-get install maximus)
- Turned off the menu in gnome-terminal.
- Turned off blinking cursor in gnome terminal following this advice
- Caps lock is another control
Now I just need to figure out how to shrink the firefox status bar.