|November 27th, 2016|
The EA Forum is based on the Reddit codebase, forked long before Reddit added a good mobile version. While it would still be good to have a proper mobile version, here's an idea for how to get it mostly mobile friendly with a relatively small amount of work:
- The page was designed for desktop browsers that can do pages at least 1024px wide, so set a viewport tag with display=1024px.
- The page was designed to make generous use of horizontal space (sidebar, indented posts), but on mobile that's less available, so hide the sidebar and stop indenting posts.
- Bump up the font sizes of various things.
What do you think? Does this (a) look reasonable and (b) seem like the right way to handle this sort of situation?
Here are the css changes, as a pull request against the EA Forum.
- Getting Myself to Eat Vegetables
- Local Action and Remote Donation
- Personal Consumption Changes As Charity
- Make Your Giving Public
- Contra Cliquishness: Healthy?