::  Posts  ::  RSS  ::  ◂◂RSS  ::  Contact

Electrical safety

May 30th, 2012
tech, quito

People here in Ecuador are not as cautious with electricity as I'm used to. At a small fair with lots of kids, all the power for the rides went through this board:

Note the exposed terminals. It looks like it was intended to be covered with a blanket, but both Saturday and Sunday when I looked it wasn't.

The light in our hostel was almost as exposed:

Luckily the hot terminal [1] is covered in a bit of electrical tape so it would be harder to shock yourself while changing a bulb.


[1] If that even is the hot one; both wires are both white so it could just be a random one.

Comment via: google plus, facebook

More Posts:

Older Post:

Newer Post:


  ::  Posts  ::  RSS  ::  ◂◂RSS  ::  Contact